Saturday, December 15, 2007

Salt Lake City

Well I just got back from the most enjoyable 3 days of my life, sort, of. In the first two days of training I developed a form of speech called molding. It's pretty much saying something like " this is my paper, who's paper is it, it's your paper" and then havening who ever say that. So I apologize in advance if I talk to you like you can't speak English. But that last day was the best. One of the old teachers, that had been there before, did a presentation about the kids we'll teach and the places we'll see, and giving helpful tips about where to eat and what to bring. This created a atmosphere of excitement throughout the class. But upon getting the plane tickets it all became real, and I felt a bit nauseated. I'm excited about the people that I'll be teaching with, they are all so happy, and even a bit nauseated as well. But I'm sure that it will make for a great 6 months!
After we where done with all the rigmarole in Provo, some of the teachers and I went to Salt Lake to play around. We went to a book store to find some Mandarin Language books but all they really had where books in Mandarin, so of no real use. But I did see one of my favorite people there. Steven Colbert!!! Ok it was his cut-out but the excitement was real.
There is 12 more days till I'll leave and I have a lot of shopping to do. Not just for the trip but for Christmas!!! I haven't even started!! I leave on December 27 at 7 am, so at least I'
ll be able to be with my family for Christmas, and that's one of the most important things for me.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Jess you are going to have some excellent adventures! I am going to miss you so much! Maybe I will come and visit when you are gone and we can travel aroud. That would be awsome! Love you lots.

Audrey said...

Jessica,
Post a blog or email me to let me know you got ther ok! Love you and Miss you Lots!